Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Few Things

This is Addi with the girls in our backyard. She is 5 years old. She is one of the little girls in our subdivison. The girls love to "Baby" her and play with her. Isn't she so cute and precious? 

Preparing the concrete to stain it. 

We are in the process of staining the concrete in the bedrooms as you can see above. It's harder work than I first thought. Actually, it's just time consuming. Paul is the one with patience, not me. I want it all done at the snap of fingers. Where is my fairy God-Mother? All of the furniture, clothes, toys and junk is in my living room. I am going CRAZY with all the clutter. If you know me, I like a crisp, clean house, everything has a place and is in it's place before I go to bed each night. Even the throw blankets have to be folded and placed nicely on the arm of the couch/chair or I can't go to sleep. I know life is too short to worry about things like that but, I like getting up to a nicely organized house and enjoying my coffee and quiet time without a to-do list running through my mind. 
The girl's clothes are laying on a chair in the living room. Flower, our cat decided to find her a comfortable place to nap. She is so sweet and FAT! 

The 1st grader's performed a musical last night called "When I Grow Up". They did a wonderful job. 
"Free to Be Me" Soloist: Ally Patrick

Ally had a solo and said she was a little nervous...you couldn't tell! She held that mic like a professional. She was a cowgirl. She is shy and I hope she begins to come out of that. She has the personality to be in the spotlight and a voice that will knock your socks off! My friend Glenda heard her one night while she was visiting us at our house. She and I were in the Family room talking about this-n-that. The girls were in the living room. Glenda had to stop me mid sentence and ask who was singing? If it was a CD? No, it was Ally. Ally got up and performed the musical for Glenda. She has performed the musical for all the neighborhood kids too! I believe she is growing out of her shyness. She did a fabulous job tonight! Yea! Great job Ally!

1 comment:

  1. I do wish I could have been there to see miss Ally.I am so proud of her. God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete