Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1st Place Award; High Honor

I went to Ally's school award assembly today. I knew she would be receiving an award for "A" honor roll but I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had won 1st place as an Awesome Author out of all the 1st graders. All first graders were given the topic "Winter" to write about. Then several judges read all the writings (150 or so) and picked the best for first grade. Ally was awarded 1st place! The only thing I could say when they called her name to receive this award was "Thank you God" and I continued to repeat it over and over, realizing all the blessings He gives me. I am so blessed to have this highly gifted child. Ally was so excited to receive this award her eyes flooded with tears, well mine did too. I was having a hard time holding them in...Ms Davis her teacher didn't know who would receive the award. When she heard "Ally Patrick for 1st place" She was cheering and thrilled just as much as I was. I received many compliments from other parents saying "Wow! You have a writer, Watch out New York Times." Parents complimented her and told her she did a great job.  I don't have a picture of her writing paper yet. It will be posted for all the school to see. Once it is posted on the wall,  I will grab a picture of our "Awesome Author Ally" with her "Awesome" Paper and post it to the blog. I can't wait to see it!

This is Alex and Ally. Alex is one of the boys in Ally's class that is fond of her. He insisted I take a picture of them together. You can see the delight on his face... How cute!

Ally, I am so proud of you for always doing your best. You never know who is watching you and learning from you. Great Job! I love you! Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment