Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Weary Child

With around 800 people being laid off from the Wal-Mart Home Office this week. I think all of us are feeling the burden of what this is going to do to our town and the many families who live here. These families who are left shocked by the reality of what they thought was some form of security. My heart is burdened for these families. There is one thing I KNOW...God is All Powerful and Sovereign. His time table is PERFECT!

I keep a poem in my quiet room and often look at it when I need reassurance that God is with me. A friend of my mom's wrote this poem for her and my step-father when they were going through a tough trial in their lives. I feel it very appropriate for all us to ponder on...

My Weary Child
As I look down my child, I see your troubled mind; bent with such confusion and peace you can't seem to find. I see you every morning my child, as you cry so many tears; but if you'll just keep pressing onward, I'll erase your every fear. Now I've seen you my beloved one, and your broken heart; and I've made every step you've made, right from the very start. I've seen every tear you cried, and caught each and every one; and I'll send them back as tears of joy, when this trial is done. Please don't think I've forgotten you, oh my blessed one; for you're just as loved as my other child Jesus...My Only Begotten Son. So just keep pressing onward, and seek me every day; For I am the "Great I Am", and I love you in a very special way. 

We as believers in Christ Jesus cling to Him in these times. I'm not worried about the future because I know He is in charge. He is Sovereign! There is nothing that is going to happen in my life today that God and I can't handle together. God has grown my faith over the years. I'm not a worrier because God has never let me down and I know He never will. He is constant and true, never changing. Dr. Adrian Rogers would say "Worry looks at God through circumstances. Peace looks at circumstances through God." Worry is an admission that I'm putting something before God."

I will trust Him at all times. He has delivered me from all fears. He has set my feet upon a rock. I will not be moved. And I'll say of the Lord...
You are My Shield, My Strength, My Portion, Deliverer, My Shelter, Strong Tower, My very present help in time of Need!

No comments:

Post a Comment