Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I have to tell you, I am such a perfectionist in my writing that I have editted all the word mistakes in this post 9 times all ready...Whew! The best is at the bottom but, don't cheat read the whole thing through!
We had a great Valentine's day. It didn't exactly go the way I had planned but that is ok. This is a game I came up with for the girls. I call it "Valentine Scavenger Hunt" I came up with 15 different valentine clues, I hid the Valentine's and the girls had to go hunting for them. Kind of like easter egg hunting! Some of the clues are: "A Valentine shaped as a butterfly, A Valentine with Smiley faces on it". To add a more homemade touch I used a die cut and cut the hearts, elephant, butterfly, car, etc. I'm somewhat a perfectionist. I wanted all my hearts to be the same size! You can cut your own out if you'd prefer.

Breakfast was delicious this morning. Sausage, Cheese rollups are a big hit at my house. I use 1 can crescent rolls, 7 sausage patties, 4 oz cream cheese. Preheat oven to 375. Cook sausage,crumble, drain, add cream cheese and mix together. Unroll crescent rolls, place enough mixture and roll up. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake about 12 minutes. I serve it with fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, peaches, apples and oranges) I came up with the rollups years ago when I wanted something new other than sausage and biscuit. I threw rose petals on the table for breakfast this morning. Paul and the girls loved the extra touch!
Ally made this beautiful picture for Paul and me for Valentine's Day! Olivia gave us Dove Chocolates...We love our babies!

The girls enjoyed their Valentine from us...Bears with Kisses 

The best present of all that I received today was a Maytag 2 drawer stainless steel dishwasher. It is so quiet...I cringe at spending money, but this is well worth the $900. And that was a deal, it sells for $1500! My 1st priority in getting a new dishwasher was how quiet it is...Our family room and kitchen are open together. I could never run the dishwasher until we all went to bed.  It was always louder than our TV. Paul installed the dishwasher and I couldn't wait to start a cycle of dishes. It is absolutely better than a Bosch! I love it. 

I had planned to cook a nice candlelight dinner tonight, but I've had a stomach bug the last few days and Olivia has been feeling nauseated today. So, we are postponing the candlelight dinner for Monday night. I love you all. Hope you had a great Valentine's day as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment