Friday, January 30, 2009

Endurance to Chicago...

It took me forever to connect to Wi-Fi in our hotel. I finally managed to get connected to upload some of the pictures I took along the way to Chicago. We left Bentonville this morning at 6:30 and arrived in the outskirts of Chicago at 5:15 tonight. WOW! Long trip in a truck cramped with 2 little drama queens and a dog that will look at you like she needs to go Pee! Endurance pays off...I was so glad to see the hotel. I couldn't wait to open the laptop and post a new blog. 


As we would get closer to "The Windy City" Ally would get giddy and silly. So, I had to take this picture of her. 
This is a picture of a water tower painted with a big smiley face on it. It made me think of Wal-mart. Olivia used to see the walmart smiley face and say. "Live Better, Save Money, Wal-mart! Home Sweet Home!




This is a picture I took about 200 miles from St Louis. going toward Chicago. I thought it was funny. When I read the sign I saw "To: Wanda"! (Hi Mom) But actually this sign was in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.


This is the view coming in to the outskirts of Chicago. I never thought Chicago was this flat, hence the windy city. Now I know why it's called the windy city. There are no hills to calm the wind so it roars in to the city. Well, we are about to go find a place to eat. We are tired and ready to crawl in bed. Tomorrow should be a pretty exciting day touring the museums and the famous Sears Tower. See you all tomorrow with a lot better pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment