Monday, January 19, 2009

Mom, I love you, I'm so proud of you!


Last night Olivia, my eight year old typed me a letter on her computer. I wanted to share it with you. I will type it in the exact words she used. She did a marvelous job, which brought me to tears.

To: Mom
Subject: I love you, Im so proud of you!
I love you. you are so sweet to me even though we get on the wrong foot sometimes I still love you in that momint. You take care of me. you even stad up all night in the hospitle with me. Now that is true love. I love you mommy. I'm so proud for what you have done. you have taech me so much about God. Thank you for that. Thank you for everything you have done mom. But most of all thank you God for making my mom. I love you. 
Love, Olivia
P.S. have a happy night.

When I read that letter, my heart sank, my eyes flooded with tears. I felt utter love, gratefulness, appreciation, and sincerity from my daughter. When we stop to appreciate and thank God for all He has done for us and is doing for us, think of the feeling of pure love, gratefulness and appreciation He must feel. It gave me hope back that I am a great mom. So many times we lose that hope and focus. I am only this great mom because I yearn on my knees for God to teach me how to be a pure, tenderhearted, yet just mom. He is the best parent we could model. yes, we all have our short comings. Thankfully He is there to forgive us when we mess up. In reading her letter, this is the blessing of being a stay at home mom, teaching my children of Jesus and His infinite love! 

"Her children stand and bless her. her husband praises her also: Many women do noble things but you surpass them all!" Proverbs 31:28-29

Thank you Lord for your grace in parenting my children. I would'nt want to do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment