Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...


Oh the weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful and since we've no place to go...Let is ice, Let it ice, Let it ice...

Our power was out about 2 1/2 hours this morning. It came back on and has been flickering on and off about every 30 minutes or so. I was beginning to think I was going to have to pull my freezer baskets out of the freezer and put them out in the backyard! HA! At least my food would stay frozen. Who knows I might have to do that tonight. It is still freezing rain and will continue into the night hours. I'm sure there is no school for tomorrow. Ally would be thrilled if school was let out for her birthday. 
We have been playing games... Charades, Whoonu, and we started Monopoly when the power came back on. Yippee! I jumped up from my chair and started cooking beef stew, mashed potatoes and gravy and sweet cornbread. It was delicious! I never thought it was possible to cook beef stew in an hour...but it can be done! I was running around with my head cut off. The power would flicker on and off so I would run around having to restart everything...the oven for the cornbread, the dryer for the clothes and we must have restarted the TV four or five times all ready! Whoo....I'm exhausted. 
You don't realize how much electricity impacts our lives until its gone. Like, No coffee. I didn't think about purchasing instant coffee yesterday when I was stocking up on comfort food. Hello? I'm a coffee addict. Migraine...no coffee! Get it? 
The fireplace is wonderful. It has kept us warm and cozy. We will see how the electricity holds up tonight. We can always sleep by the fireplace. Thankfully, I am a woman who loves comforters and quilts. My hall closet is packed to the ceiling with those things! No kidding! I have enough blankets to wrap around the subdivision at least once. Well, ok maybe not that many but, you get the point. 
I'll keep you posted on the frightful weather...Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment